Friday, March 18, 2011

Photo Friday

Today is Photo Friday so I'll throw a couple pics in before I get down to chatting. These are a couple of my newest Pocket Dragons and my personal favorite. Pocket Dragons are collectible depictions of friendly dragons in various situations. They were designed by Real Musgrave and his wife from 1989 to 2005 when they retired. They were based on black and white drawings he did in the 70's. There was even a tv show that ran for 52 episodes. I got into collecting them when a friend showed me them on a website. I was instantly hooked by their adorable little faces. My best friends and my husband have purchased all my dragons for me, and some big help from my mother-in-law on Ebay! I have 14 currently in my possession and TEN more on the way! My first two came from my best friend in the world. He's awesome. :)


This is the Dragon called "Hat Box Hideway". Isn't she adorable? I hadn't seen this one before and it came complete with it's unique hat box style original box so I snagged it!



This is "Believe in Dragons". I love it because it's not only got 3 dragons but a book too! I have no idea where this one will go since it's bigger than any of the ones I currently have. I think I'm going to have to make room in one of my glass cabinets for them soon!


This is the dragon that got me into them in the first place. She's called "But Dragons Don't Wash Dishes". Tee hee.... At the time that I saw this one it was almost impossible to get me to do dishes. I hated them with a passion. Even using the dishwasher was a chore I detested. I didn't mind all the other chores but for some reason dishes were more abhorrent than anything else on my list! My wonderful husband bought her for me last year. And the funny thing is, I don't mind dishes nearly so much anymore. Now washing the toilets on the other hand....!


This week I've started Amanda Hocking's "My Blood Approves" Series. I believe it's a young adult series and it's kind of similar to Twilight but I haven't seen any sign of werewolves yet and I'm on book 3. But there is a love triangle and it is set in high school. While there are many parallels to be drawn between the two series, I have to say I prefer this one. It could just be the over exposure of Meyer's work and the endless comparisons to Harry Potter that I find ridiculous but who knows. I really enjoyed the first book and it hooked me pretty quick. The main character is likable enough but I do find her to be tedious at times. I want to kick her and tell her to fight more for what she wants. I think my favorite character so far is her little brother. His story line hasn't been too surprising but it has been great. I can't wait to see what happens to him.


I usually pick my books based on which cover snags my interest and then secondly the storyline. Having over 2,000 books in the house necessitates a different selection process. While I love having so many choices it can be hard to narrow down what to read next! I gravitated to these books because of the lovely covers. There are many new books coming out this year that are just as eye catching, if not more so. I'll do a post soon on my picks for best covers expected this year
so far.


That's it for this post. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Please be polite. :)