Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sundance Films I'm looking forward to!


First off, let me say that I LOVE Eonline. I read it religiously.No judging me.... :P Besides, I skip all the stuff about reality shows because I can't really stand most of them. (Except for ANTM, I'm such a sucker for the photo shoots!) I skip all the rumors.... until substantiated. I skip anything that says Lindsay Lohan, Lady Gaga, or Britney Spears. BUT, I always check out their posts on movies and tv. Kristin (~TV writer~) is my hero when it comes to spoilers! Anywho, today I happened to come across a photo list of 15 Sundance Films getting a lot of buzz. These five caught my interest.



1.)Perfect Sense

Ewan McGregor stars in this story about two people who fall in love just as the world around them begins to fall apart.


2.)Another Happy Day

Demi Moore, Kate Bosworth and Ellen Barkin star in this comedy about good ol' family fun as a pair of siblings get dragged to a chaotic family wedding by their agitated mother.


3.)The Details

Tobey Maguire and Elizabeth Banks star in this comedy about a young couple whose lives are turned upside down when a pest problem sets off an absurd chain reaction of events.


4.)I Melt With You

Rob Lowe and Jeremy Piven star in this thriller about four friends who gather to celebrate their friendship. But when they reflect on the choices they've made in life and realize their paths are vastly different from what they set out to do.


5.) Flypaper

Stars Patrick Dempsey and Ashley Judd are caught in the middle of two simultaneous bank robberies and must team up to save the day. (The image at the top is from the movie! Ineteresting...hmm? Tee hee!)

In case you want to read about all 15 Movies-

Read more at Eonline.


I think I'm looking forward to Flypaper the most. I'm a sucker for thrillers with Ashley Judd in them. And adding in McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy= Awesome. I just hope he's better than he was in "Made of Honor". Although that wasn't really his fault. He was given a basic RomCom to capitalize on his McDreamy fame. It kinda worked and kinda didn't. I liked the movie, don't get me wrong, but I won't be owning it anytime soon unless it happens to be in the $5 pile at Walmart. Although remembering that Kevin McKidd is in it too is making me rethink that decision. McKidd is such an awesome actor. By far my favorite of the guys on Grey's right now. But back to the discussion: Ashley Judd rocks. To further my point here's my list of favorite movies she was in:

1.) A Time To Kill - I read John Grisham novels for a LOOOOOONG time. They were the first real adult books I took up and I devoured each one I came as they came out. This book/movie was very harsh to read and harder to watch but the story was very well done. I watch it occasionally when it comes on tv. Mostly for the scene right near the end of the trial that brings tears to my eyes every time. It's just so well done. Matthew M. is brilliant in his delivery of his lines.

2.) Kiss The Girls - She's just awesome. One, she goes through Hell and still maintains her inner strength. Two, it's Cary Elwes as a homicidal maniac! And three, Morgan Freeman. Need I say more?? I mean what movie isn't made better with the addition of a bit of Freeman???

3.) Where The Heart Is - Natalie Portman, Ashley J, Joan Cusack, Stockard Channing and the always awesome James Frain. (Frain was most recently in True Blood as the crazy-ass vamp that kidnaps Tara)

4.) Double Jeopardy - Ashley J and Tommy Lee Jones. She gets framed for her husbands murder...by her husband. After she gets out of jail, she finds him and kills him because after all... she's already been tried and convicted for it so Double Jeopardy applies. :) Maybe a bit predictable but I enjoy it every time.

Ta ta peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Please be polite. :)